Mount Notre Dame (MND) is proud to recognize its 69 Advanced Placement Scholars as identified by the College Board after the 2016-2017 school year. Included in the 69 AP Scholars are 4 National AP Scholars, 26 AP Scholars with Distinction (including National AP Scholars), 18 AP Scholars with Honor and 25 AP Scholars.
Achieving National Status is not an easy feat.National AP Scholars must take at least eight AP exams and receive a score of 4 or 5 (out of 5) on each of them, and attain an average score of at least 4 if taking more than that.
Mount Notre Dame is proud to offer a structure of Advanced Placement courses for the academically advanced student. These courses follow the College Board curriculum and recommendation in order to prepare students for the Advanced Placement tests offered each May. Many colleges award Advanced Placement credit dependent upon testing results. The College Board website gives details regarding the AP Program and research surrounding student achievement.
Benefits of an Advanced Placement Program:
Gain the edge in college preparation.
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand out in the college admissions process.
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to take the most rigorous course work available.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden your intellectual horizons.
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume responsibility of reasoning, analyzing and understanding.
- AP tests cost approximately $90.
- The fee is collected in March during test registration