Mount Notre Dame is pleased to continue our partnership with The Children's Home of Cincinnati (CHOC) Autism High School. Through our partnership, students from both schools work side-by-side on various service projects including cutting honeysuckle at Greenacres, participating in Shantytown, the Children's Home Prom, serving at Matthew 25: Ministries, partnering in our Food Drive for St. Vincent de Paul, participating in activities the high school's new home at 4550 Red Bank Road, and more.
MND Student Leaders
Abby Brickner '18 (Chair) | Angela Sebald '18 | Grace Brecht '20
2017 - 2018 Schedule of Events
- Fri, Sept 29 | 2:45 - 3:45 | Training Session at MND - presented by CHOC teachers
- Fri, Oct 6 | 2:45 - 3:45 | Training Session at MND - presented by CHOC teachers
- Sat, Oct 14 | 9 am - 11 am | Greenacres Project
- Tue, Oct 17 | 3:15 - 4:15 pm | Activity @ CHOC
- Fri, Oct 20 | 6 pm - 10 pm | Fall Dance at CHOC
- Tue, Nov 14 | 3:15 - 4:15 pm | Activity @ CHOC
- Tue, Dec 5 | 3:15 - 4:15 pm | Activity @ CHOC
- Jan 28 - Feb 3 | Food Drive benefitting SVdP and Our Daily Bread
- Fri, May 4 | 5 pm - 9 pm | Shantytown @ CHOC
- Sat, May 12 | 5 pm - 10 pm | Prom @ CHOC
- + Other dates to be determined
Students will register to participate in BeYOUtiful via the Service + Justice Project Registration Form.
Visit Sign Up Process
The leaders will email all registrants, inviting them to sign up for specific visits and activities. Each activity will have a different number of slots available.
Student leaders will organize rides for each visit/activity.
This project may need VIRTUS-trained adults to participate. If adult drivers are needed, the leaders will notify parents who indicate interest on the Community Service Registration Form for their daughter.