Opening Minds Through Art
MND is pleased to partner with Brookwood Retirement Community to bring awareness to Dementia and focus on the abilities these older adults still have all while in a fun inter-generational environment. This program is coordinated through Miami University's Scripps Gerontology Center.
After eight art sessions from September through November, the OMA program will conclude with an end of the year an art show. There is also an opportunity bring the art to city events (i.e. The City Flea, 2nd Sundays on Main, Final Fridays, etc.). Promoting during community events would not only show off the wonderful artwork created by residents with late stage Dementia, but also bring awareness of the disease.
Isabella Geraci '20 (Chair)
Mrs. Sarah Doepker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Space is limited to 10 participants
- Participants must commit to all sessions
- The program includes training, eight art sessions, and an evening art show in December
- Transportation TO Brookwood will be provided, but participants must provide own transportation home
2017 - 2018 Program Dates
- Wed, Sept 6 – Info session after school for girls who want to learn more about OMA
- Tue, Sept 12 – deadline for application / choose and notify applicants
- Tue, Sept 19 – Training session at Brookwood
- Tue, Sept 26 – Art Session #1
- Tue, Oct 3 – Art Session #2
- Tue, Oct 10 – Break (Parent/Teacher conferences)
- Tue, Oct 17 – Art Session #3
- Tue, Oct 24 – Art Session #4
- Tue, Oct 31 – Art Session #5
- Tue, Nov 7 – Art Session #6
- Tue, Nov 14 – Art Session #7
- Tue, Nov 21 - Art Session #8
- Sometime in early December – Evening Art Show
This project has already begun. Due to the limited number of participants, email Isabella Geraci (email@example.com) to if any slots remain.
Visit Sign Up Process
Participants are expected to attend all of the visits to Brookwood.
Transportation TO Brookwood is provided, but participants must provide own transportation home.
This first video is from last year. The Information Session will be held on
Wednesday, September 6th after school at MND.
This first video is from last year....just ignore the meeting date at the end. The Information Session will be held on Tuesday, September 5th after school at MND.