St. Vincent de Paul
Mount Notre Dame has a very special relationship with St. Vincent de Paul. Six years ago, after participating in an Urban Plunge with St. Vincent de Paul, we decided to start our own conference. As a SVDP school-based conference, we follow the guidelines set forth by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, and live out our mission through serving others. Through the Bank Street office of SVDP, we participate in home visits, pantry assistance, bed deliveries, rent and utilities assistance, and more. We partner with SVDP through our annual Food Drive, assist the Sts. Peter and Paul conference with Thanksgiving food deliveries, and assist with the Teepe Family Christmas Tree deliveries.
Students who register and participate in MND's SVdP conference are called conference members. Students who participate in a majority (50% or more) of the activities are called active members, while those who participate in less than 50% of the activities are called associate members. Students who register but don't participate will be called inactive members.
Click HERE for specific Conference Activities & Membership Guidelines.
In addition to MND's Conference activities, members are encouraged to participate in the city-wide high school SVDP conference that has been formed for this year. Senior Sarah Ray '18 is helping to form this conference for her Capstone project.
Sarah Ray '18 (Chair/Mentor) | Lydia Haubner '18 | Kate Plas '19 | Sadye Sutton '20
2017 - 2018 First Semester Schedule (subject to change)
- Fri, Sept. 8 | 2:45 - 3:45 | MND Conference Meeting at MND
- Sat, Sept. 9 | 9 am - Noon | SVDP High School Conference at Bank Street
- Sat, Sept. 23 | 9 am - Noon | Service Project at Bank Street (Bed Deliveries)
- Sat, Oct. 7 | 9 am - Noon | Service Project at Bank Street (activity TBA)
- Fri, Oct. 13 | 2:45 - 3:45 | MND Conference Meeting at MND
- Sat, Oct. 14 | 9 am - Noon | SVDP High School Conference at Bank Street
- Sat. Nov. 4 | 9 am - Noon | Service Project at Bank Street (Activity TBA)
- Fri, Nov. 10 | 2:45 - 3:45 | MND Conference Meeting at MND
- Sat, Nov. 11 | 9 am - 12 | SVDP High School Conference at Bank Street
- Sat, Dec. 2 | 9 am - Noon | Service Project at Bank Street (activity TBA)
- Fri, Dec. 8 | 2:45 - 3:45 | MND Conference meeting at MND
- Sat, Dec. 9 | 9 am - Noon | SVDP High School Conference at Bank Street
- Additional Activities:
- Food Deliveries during Thanksgiving - Sts. Peter & Paul Conference
- Teepe Christmas Tree and Gift Card Deliveries - early December
Students will register to participate in our St. Vincent de Paul Conference via the Service + Justice Project Registration Form.
Visit Sign Up Process
The leaders will email all registrants, inviting them to sign up for specific visits and activities. Each activity will have a different number of slots available.
Transportation will vary from activity to activity. In general, SVDP leaders will be able to provide transportation for a limited number of participants from MND to SVDP and back.
This project may need VIRTUS-trained adults to participate. If adult drivers are needed, the leaders will notify parents who indicate interest on the Community Service Registration Form for their daughter.