If you registered for a shadow day,
Please read this page carefully for important information.
Click HERE for a printable version of these Shadowing Directives.
MND Shadowing Directives
Your daughter's shadowing registration has been successfully submitted. We look forward to meeting your daughter as she experiences a day at Mount Notre Dame!
Note: If you have asked for a specific hostess, we will do our best to accommodate this request. The Admissions Office will contact you if we are unable to honor your request.
Traffic Flow / Parking
- All traffic should enter MND's parking lot from Benson Street. Please note Columbia Avenue is exit-only. Turn immediately to your right and then proceed to the front drive of the school. You will find visitor parking there or you may drop your daughter off at the front of the school and exit at Columbia.
- Arrive at MND by 7:30 a.m.
- Enter through the doors at the front of school.
- IN THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE – Your daughter will receive her visitor name tag and lunch coupon.
- PLEASE NOTE: Visitors will not be permitted in class until they have reported to the Admissions Office and have turned in a shadowing permission form.
What to wear
- Appropriate pants, skirts, and tops. Nice jeans are acceptable.
- No shorts or flip-flops, please.
What to bring
- On the day of her visit, your daughter will receive a lunch voucher if she wishes to purchase her lunch in the cafeteria. She may also bring her own lunch if she chooses. Our lunch menu is posted on Friday for the upcoming week and on MND's website over the weekend. Visit www.mndhs.org/lunch to see the weekly lunch menu.
- A book to read or homework to do during free time.
- Water in clear bottles or in a cup with a lid is acceptable.
- There will be an opportunity mid-morning to enjoy a healthy snack, so she may bring fruit, a granola bar, breakfast bar, etc. to eat during this time.
- Visitors are expected to abide by MND’s student guidelines. Gum and food in the academic wing are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off, but visitors can stop in the Main Office
or the Admissions Office throughout the day to check their phones if needed.
When the day is over
- The guest will return to the Admissions Office, turn in her evaluation form, receive her MND T-Shirt and have her photo taken with her hostess.
- The photo will be emailed to you after the visit.
- Parents should plan to pick their daughter up at 2:30 pm. Parents are welcome to come to the foyer or Admissions Office to wait for their daughter or make arrangements to have her meet you in the parking lot.
Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office if you have any additional questions or special requests/needs.
Terri McMillen Miller ’81
MND Admissions Office
513-821-3044 Ext. 124