Scholarships for Class of 2022
Mount Notre Dame (MND) offers academic scholarships, merit-based awards and alumnae legacy awards for our students. MND also provides tuition assistance for our families through tuition grants and named scholarships. There are varying requirements for each type. Please review the information below carefully. Most deadlines are November 20, 2017 and parents are notified of awards, grants and scholarships in the late January admissions mailing.
- HSPT Performance-Based Academic Scholarships: Mount Notre Dame offers academic scholarships based on High School Placement Test performance. Scholarships are only granted to students completing the test on the November test date or the first make-up test date (per archdiocesan guidelines). There is no application for this scholarship since it is based soley on HSPT performance. To be eligible, the student must send her test scores to MND and apply for admission to the school.
- Billiart Scholar Honors Program Scholarships: Each incoming freshman who scores in the 90th percentile or above, or who scores a CSQ of 125 or above on the HSPT is offered a $1,000 scholarship and is invited to be part of the Billiart Scholar Honors Program. Accepting the invitation includes enrolling in Honors English, Honors Math, Honors Biology, and AP Human Geography-the core coursework that will engage these academically talented students as they begin high school. Additionally, for elective courses, students are expected to enter at the recommended level for each course. At the end of the freshman year, Billiart Scholars can apply to continue in the Billiart Select Scholar Program during their sophomore and junior years. This award is named after St. Julie Billiart, the foundress of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. There is no application for this scholarship since it is based soley on HSPT performance.
- Kathleen Kelley ’91 Memorial Art Scholarship: This scholarship has been established by Kathleen’s family in her loving memory and recognizes Kathleen’s interest in art. This $1,000 non-renewable scholarship will be awarded to an incoming freshman who has a strong interest in pursuing an art career. To be eligible, the student should CLICK HERE to complete the online application, submit three pieces of artwork as described in the application and include a letter of recommendation from a teacher. The student must agree to enroll in an art class her freshman year at MND. All components of this application must be received by the Admissions Office no later than November 20, 2017.
- Sunflower Awards: “Just as the sunflower follows the sun, so should we follow God.” Julie Billiart, the foundress of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. These $500 non-renewable awards are awarded to incoming freshmen for the demonstration of excellence in a particular interest (Special Academic Interest, Leadership, Community Involvement). Mount Notre Dame encourages growth in these areas and has modeled the Sunflower Awards after our three pillars of Academic, Student and Spiritual Development. To be considered for a Sunflower Award, the student should CLICK HERE for the online application. This application is due no later than November 20, 2017.
- Legacy Award: MND is proud of its legacy connections. A non-renewable legacy award of $500 is offered to all incoming freshmen who have mothers, grandmothers and/or great grandmothers who graduated from Mount Notre Dame High School or Mount Notre Dame Academy. There is not an application for this award; legacy information is provided by the eighth-grade applicant on the application for admission.
Tuition Grants and Named Scholarships. Mount Notre Dame awards more than one million dollars annually through the support of generous benefactors. MND is committed to partnering with families to help them realize their desire for a Mount Notre Dame education for their daughters.
- MND Tuition Grants - A FACTS Student Aid Form must be completed to be eligible for Mount Notre Dame Tuition Assistance. FACTS, a third party vendor, evaluates all applications and establishes each family’s financial need. MND uses this information to determine tuition assistance grant amounts for qualifying families. Parents should complete the online FACTS form by November 20, 2017. There is a $30 fee payable to FACTS at the time of completing the application. The FACTS application can be found online at www.online.factsmgt.com.
- Sisters of Notre Dame Grants - These grants are made possible by the generous support of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, our largest benefactor. Special consideration is given to minority applicants, and grants are awarded based on financial need and a keen desire to attend MND. A completed and qualifying FACTS application is the only requirement.
- Named Scholarships - Through the generosity of our benefactors, MND offers several need-based scholarships for incoming freshmen. CLICK HERE for a list of the named scholarships available to incoming freshmen. In order to be considered for a named scholarship, students should CLICK HERE to complete the online application. Parents must complete a FACTS application www.online.factsmgt.comand qualify for financial assistance. Please note that scholarship recipients will be required to write thank you notes to the benefactor who established the scholarship and be willing to meet the benefactor if applicable. All scholarship applications are due by November 20, 2017. Recipients of these awards will be notified by mail in late January, 2018.
Scholarships Offered for 2017-2018 School Year
Unless otherwise noted, all families must have completed a FACTS application by Monday, November 20.
Incoming Freshmen – Fall Application
Julie Bien Niehoff ’62 Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Renewable
Awarded to a student who is faith-filled and has a positive attitude and joyful spirit.
Kathleen Kelley ’91 Memorial Scholarship, Non-Renewable
Awarded to a student who is passionate about and excels in the visual arts, not based on financial assistance. Requires portfolio and separate application.
Marcia Petronio ’68 Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Renewable
Awarded to a student who has a keen desire to attend MND.
Mary Hanrahan Brogan ’72 Memorial Scholarship, Non-Renewable
Awarded to a student who is involved in community service and making a difference in her community.
Mary Mehmert Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Renewable
Awarded to a student who excels academically and is interested in Social Studies, politics and world affairs.
Patty Zinser Collins ’63 Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Renewable
Awarded to a student who exhibits a strong history of volunteerism.
Penelope Asbrock Cunningham ’67 Endowed Scholarship, Renewable
Awarded to a student who has a keen desire to attend MND.
Roger Grein Endowed Youth Philanthropy Scholarship, Renewable
Awarded to a student who is involved in youth philanthropy and/or volunteerism; special consideration is given to a student who resides in ‘The Valley’(Lockland, Reading, Evendale, Carthage, Arlington Heights, Hartwell and Wyoming.
Thomas Geier Endowed Literary Arts Scholarship – Renewable
Awarded to a student who excels in literary arts.