Spare Change Challenge
MON, SEPT 11 - FRI, SEPT 15, 2017
Your donations will support ALL of our community service + justice programs this year, including Hurricane Relief efforts, so we need your help! Start gathering your loose change (and paper money) this weekend and bring with you next week.
- Challenge opens Monday, Sept. 11 and closes on Friday, Sept. 15 at 12:35 PM (sharp.)
- Plastic containers for your money will be located by the Main Office.
- ALL donations are POSITIVE, so put it in your grade’s containers – no sabotage.
- Coins, paper money and checks (payable to MND) are accepted.
- Rolled coins are appreciated.
- Total money collected by each grade will be divided by number of students in that grade to determine the winner.
- We had a generous donor give us $300 to put towards in someone’s container! Here is how your class can earn that bonus…
- We will count the money on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after school. Whichever class is in the lead on Wednesday will get an additional $100 added to their total.
- On Thursday we will count the money brought on that day, and whichever class brings in the most money on Thursday will get the $100 bonus. (Freshmen, we will have your container at the Freshman Retreat!)
- On Friday we will count the money brought in that day, and which class brings in the most money on Friday will get a $100 bonus.
- Winning grade will receive Servatti’s breakfast, LaRosa’s lunch and an ice cream treat.
- United We Won points are TRIPLED – 1st place gets 150 / 2nd gets 90 / 3rd gets 60 / 4th gets 30.
- Winning grade’s HR teachers will also receive some cool prizes.
- Our school goal this year is $8000, so we need you to do your part.
- Since there are a different number of students in each grade, each grade needs to bring in a minimum amount to qualify for the competition. And you must qualify to be eligible to win any of our swell prizes.
- To qualify for the completion…
- 9th grade needs $2068
- 10th grade needs $1867
- 11th grade needs $2162
- 12th grade needs $1903
Questions? Contact Tess Forman ’18 or Sarah Ray ’18