Community Service is integrated into the Mount Notre Dame experience in such a way that every student participates in service during her four years at MND. Hours are not officially tracked and submitted as a separate graduation requirement. Service experiences are connected to and processed through various classes, clubs and numerous after school and weekend programs.
At Mount Notre Dame, we help students develop a love of serving others. Students serve because they want to, not because they are required.
An MND empowered young woman of service:
• Values service
• Shares God’s goodness with the poor
• Makes a long-term commitment to service
• Builds positive relationships with peers and people in the community
• Has a well-developed sense of social responsibility and a solid understanding of Catholic Social teaching which she uses to advocate for justice
MND’s Community Service Program offers a variety of different student-led service programs including helping students at local schools through after school tutoring programs, a myriad of activities through our Conference with St. Vincent de Paul, partnerships with non-profit organizations such as A Child’s Hope International, and working with a variety of social causes including care for animals, care for the elderly and care for those with disabilities. We also support pediatric cancer research through the Night for the Fight event (which began with MND), support the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, and much more!
The MND Community Service Program is led by a team of eight outstanding young women who serve on the Service Board. Their job is to lead by example, as they all have an impressive involvement in and passion for serving others. Their job is lay the groundwork for the overall MND service program, help train the individual program leaders, manage communication, oversee finances, troubleshoot, cheer lead and recognize outstanding MND students in the area of service.
The Student Leadership Team is made up of the Service Board and Service Program Leaders. Program Leaders organize and implement the various programs, projects and trips.
• St. Vincent de Paul Conference
• Opening Minds Through Art (OMA)
• Reach for the Stars
• Sisters Helping Sisters
• Winton Place Youth Center
• Paws for a Purpose
• Respect 4 Life
• EARTH Team
• Big Sis Little Sis
• Youth Philanthropy Council (YPC)
• Graces & Blessings Cross Ministry
• Hands Against Hunger
• Letters of Love
• Books for the Better
• Freshman After School Service Team (FASST)
Periodic Activities & Big Events
• Mother Daughter Service Day
• Dads & Daughters Service Day
• Class Service Days
• Crosstown Packout with A Child’s Hope Int’l
• St. Vincent de Paul Toy Drive & Toy Shop
• Giving Tree Deliveries
• Night For The Fight
• Food Drive
- Big Laurel- Kermit, West Virginia
- Glenmary Home Missioners, Grainger County, Tennessee
- St. Vincent de Paul Urban Plunge
International Immersion Experience
• CRISPAZ Delegation Trip to El Salvador
Note: Offerings are subject to change year-to-year, based up Service Board’s selection.