Community Service is integrated into the Mount Notre Dame experience in such a way that every student participates in service during her four years at the school. Hours are NOT officially tracked and submitted as a separate graduation requirement. Service experiences are connected to and processed through various classes, clubs and programs.
At Mount Notre Dame, we help students develop a love of serving others. Students serve because they want to, not because they have to.
An MND empowered woman of service:
- Values service
- Shares God’s goodness with the poor
- Makes a long term commitment to service
- Builds positive relationships with peers and people in the community
- Has a well developed sense of social responsibility and a solid understanding of Catholic Social Teaching that she uses to advocate justice
Community Service is woven into the fabric of many classes, clubs, organizations and programs at MND. The MND Community Service Program is organized into several categories as described below.
- Community Service Programs (Year-long, Periodic and One-Time Events)
- Immersion Experiences (Service Trips and Plunges)
- Youth Philanthropy Council
- Service Through Clubs
For more information contact Community Service Director Mr. Todd Forman (firstname.lastname@example.org).