MND Cougars Dance Teams proudly represent Mount Notre Dame!
The purpose of the MND Dance Program is to help our students develop skills, character, teamwork, and friendship by creating teams that entertain audiences as well as achieve the competitive goals set for each team and each individual dancer. We will honor the great legacy of the MND Program and those who have paved the way for us by always dancing with passion and working hard to reach our fullest potential.
All teams compete locally and regionally. The Varsity Team qualifies for and competes in the Universal Dance Association's National Dance Team Championship (NDTC) held each February in Orlando, Florida. The NDTC is the only national-level dance team championship that is endorsed by the National Federation of State High School Associations, the national service and administrative organization for high school athletics and fine arts programs in speech, debate, theater, and music. Each year, there are an estimated 10,000 spectators in attendance. The competition will be broadcast on ESPN2 and will reach more than 90 million homes this year. It is an honor to compete at this level each year!
The Cougar Dance Program is blessed to have a coaching staff of highly trained, award-winning choreographers and coaches. It is their skill and expertise that drives MND's dancers to excel!
2018-19 TRYOUT INFORMATION
- Thursday, April 19 & Friday, April 20, 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, April 21, 9:00am
- Each session will begin promptly at the scheduled time. For tryouts, dancers will learn a short routine as well as review all technical skills they will be asked to demonstrate at the final tryout.
- On April 21 for the final tryout, check in will begin at 9:00am so the tryout process can begin at 9:30am.
- The sooner everyone is checked in the sooner we can begin. Dancers should plan to stay the entire time during the tryout on Saturday.
- At the conclusion of tryouts, coaches will meet with each individual dancer to inform them of their team placement.Our goal is to be completely finished by 1:00pm.
- Girls should bring dance shoes and a water bottle each day.
- Attire: the girls can wear whatever they would like and feel comfortable in, please make sure girls look presentable and ready for a tryout on Saturday.
- Girls will need to turn in a signed Tryout commitment form and their most recent report card (3rd quarter or 2nd trimester) on Thursday, April 19.
- We understand that April can be busy for many families. If your dancer is in need of a private tryout, please let us know. Any alternative tryout must take place before April 19 in order to be considered for the Varsity Team. Any tryout that takes place after April 19 will be for the JV Team only.
The MND Varsity Dance Team is a highly competitive dance team comprised of 9th -12th graders attending Mount Notre Dame. These talented young dancers work year-round to develop their dance skills and prepare for a season of tough competition. In addition to competing, the Varsity Team also enjoys participating in service activities to help their community and the opportunity to perform at various events, including: church festivals, college basketball games (UC and Xavier) and MND half-time performances.
The Varsity Dance Team is nationally-recognized for their pom and jazz routines, qualifying and competing each year at the UDA National Dance Team Championships in Orlando, Florida. MND’s Dance Team has been awarded many top ten finishes at the National Dance Team Championships and placed 14th this past winter in the competition.
Tryouts for the 2018-2019 Varsity Dance Team will take place in April 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Hawkins at email@example.com.
The JV Team is in its second year as a competitive dance team. This team is open to girls in the 9th-12th grades at MND. The JV Team was created to give dancers the opportunity to work on their skills before participation on the Varsity Dance Team. The JV Team also gives upper-class women the change to be involved in the dance program, but with a less intense commitment.
The JV Team attends several local and regional competitions as well as performs at community events. We look forward to a great first season with the JV Dance Team and it’s future successes.
Tryouts for the 2018-2019 JV Dance Team will take place in April 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MND Dance Team Coaching Staff
Program Director / Varsity Head Coach
JV Head Coach
Varsity Assistant Coach
JV Assistant Coach